"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"
This is a quote that my friend Lisa said today.. and it struck me in the best possible way.
It brought back proud memories of the workshops that I attended and how I left them so elated at the new found knowledge that I had gained by simply stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new techniques. One in particular that I recall..everything hit me at once, boom! And nothing intimidated me. I had found the light, literally. I was on fire and had a new pair of eyes. On that day my camera became an extension of me.
I love sharing my story, knowledge, and how I got where I am today, which I highly attribute to workshops that I attended when I was feeling stuck, or ready for the next level. Those workshops are what gave me those "ah-a!" moments. I love the intimate gathering of like minded people in a room, all wanting the same thing..to better our work, push our creativity, and to achieve our dreams by sharing and building together in an engaging, hands on environment.
This intimate 7 hour intensive workshop is designed for advanced ameteur wedding photographers that are comfortable with shooting manually.
We prefer no more than 10 students per workshop.
Requirements: A dslr camera, a laptop, + Adobe Lightroom.
Here's a preview of what to expect:
- Several tips for lighting, creative composition, and posing using natural light with a real couple on the streets of Brooklyn.
- How to work with subjects and clients before, during and after the shoot.
- Marketing yourself: branding, blogging, networking, getting published, getting your name out there, setting yourself apart, social media, and more.
- The Business of Photography: goal setting, pricing your products and services for profit, paying taxes, setting up your company.
- Album Design: Tips for fast and effiicient album design and pricing for profit.
- How to speed up your digital workflow and post-process more efficiently.
- Branding, networking, getting published, getting your name out there, setting yourself apart.
- In addition, after the live model shoot, you will have the opportunity to process your images via Adobe Lightroom and share with the class!
- We will offer hand-on guidance, and share useful tips for working with some of our favorite editing programs.
- Lastly, we'll have open Q&A time!